Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Change

My family is about 20,000 in debt and that is about to change.

How did we get here?
I don't spoil myself with spas and expensive clothes. I never did. I always stayed away from the expensive restaurants and practically never paid a full price for anything. Sure I had my history of mistakes - I wasn't ambitious enough to look for a better paying job and I rewarded my family with few vacations we couldn't afford.

Why change now?
Now it is not just about two of us. We have 1 year old boy and 2 year old girl, who don't really care about there living arrangements right now, but they will at some point. We still live in 1 bedroom condo we bought 8 years ago (as a temporary solution for a couple years). We can't buy a house until our debt is paid.

How will it happen?
Planning, budgeting, direct depositing.
It will take me 4 years to pay off my debt, but it will take a lot less to put a system in place. First, we need to prioritize expenses going from the basic necessities to things that are not as important. That will even include small things like kids classes and money for a box of laundry detergent. Second, I need to put it in a pay schedule, so I can be sure it is possible to pay for everything with the paycheck we've got. Third, minimize the efforts by automating payments. Fourth, find simple ways to save a penny, earn an extra penny and get the most out of the penny.

Why do I need DailyWorth?
I need be accountable. When the plan is well hidden in my notebook, it is too easy to slip. I am looking for any excuse not to open the notebook and not deal with the problems I have. That is why it has to be an open book. I am sure there are a lot of women out there that are in the similar situation, need help, and looking for something they can use.

I am a full time working professional, a wife of a husband, who is never around, a mother of two busy toddlers and I am ready to make a big change! Why? Because I deserve to have a backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment